I just put this up on the KVR audio site in response to a thread and thought I’d put a copy here for good measure.
Build again in code::blocks . . .
1) Make new EMPTY project and call it “again” – you can save this anywhere on your system
2) Assuming you have put the sdk at c:\vstsdk2.4, then right click on the project you have just created, select build options, got to the ‘search directories’ tab and add c:\vstsdk2.4 to the list.
3) Right click on the project and select add files. Add the following:
4) Right click on the project, select ‘Properties’, navigate to the ‘Build targets’ tab and select ‘Dynamic library’ from the ‘Type’ drop down list.
5) Right click the project, select ‘Build options’ go to the linker settings tab and under ‘Other linker options’ add the following:
-def C:\vstsdk2.4\public.sdk\samples\vst2.x\win\vstplug .def
6) Build the project.
I’ve just updated the tutorials to include the tools=[‘mingw’] flag in the environment setup. The tutorials would have worked just fine if you did not have Microsoft visual c++ installed, but if msvc is installed then Scons will default to msvc. This would have caused errors as the compiler flags are different in MinGW. All is sorted now and sorry if anyone was having troubles with their builds.